Friday, December 5, 2014

DIY - Notepad (Christmas Fun)

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers


Festivities are once again around the corner and many would have started wondering what to gift to their loved ones. Why not try something hand-made this season???

Yes! Make something with a little time and lot of love...hand over these goodies in dazzling wraps, surprise and exchange hugs and kisses :)

I have prepared a small DIY for notepads and this is from Cremedelacraft.com
They have made some AWESOME notepads and I have tried my version here with whatever I had at hand. I had limited supplies and I think we can make the best use of what we have!
Love Upcycling??? Then this is just perfect for you :)

The materials you need are impossibly available in every home except for brads.

Materials Needed:
  
Ready-to-cast-away boxes (Eg: horlicks box, cornflakes box etc...I have used paint tubes box here)
Pattern papers (even colorful newspapers can be used)
Embroidery threads (cotton twines are fine too)
Ruled/Unruled  papers
Glue
Scissors
Needle (to pin a hole)
Brads
Doilies and Borderlace (optional)

If you have paper cutters then cutting would be neat and the notepads would turn out to be even better. I used my scissors here.

Notepads-HuesnShades

Materials-Required-HuesnShades

Notepad-Step1-HuesnShades

Notepad-Step2 HuesnShades

Notepad-Step3-HuesnShades

Notepad-BradSecured-HuesnShades

Notepad-Step4-HuesnShades

Notepad-Finished-HuesnShades

Please do let me know your thoughts. Would love to hear from you. There's more coming up this December so stay tuned to the celebrations :)

Linking to Eva & Kristin's PPF.

Enjoy your arty time, create and collaborate...Mention #HuesnShadesXmasDIY with a link to this particular blogpost in your Xmas post :)

You can also add your Xmas DIYs, Decor ideas and Xmas fun stuff below... You just need to click on the linky and enter the required details. So join the fun and we can go ahead with a bloghop :)


Please do not use/reproduce the content (words as well as images) without the written consent of the author.



16 comments:

Netty said...

Love your altered pads Deepa, Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Valerie-Jael said...

Love what you have made! Valerie

PaintingWrite said...

Your notepads are lovely Deepa. They'd make great stocking fillers. I don't have any diy projects on the go other than paintings for upcoming exhibitions and commissions but I'm sure there will be plenty of folk creating gifts for xmas who will be able to blog hop.x

Linda Kunsman said...

I love decorating notepad covers-thanks for your version using upcycled materials!

froebelsternchen said...

fabulous pads Deepa! Great!

Joy Murray said...

These are lovely, Deepa. I've so been enjoying your blog lately. I always feel like I've learned something and met new artists along the way. I may have to try some of these -- they look like a perfect stocking stuffer.

Sharon said...

Such a lovely idea for a personalized christmas gift. thanks for the tutorial Deepa!

Disha Mishra Dubey said...

Beautiful notepads Deepa!!
Linked one of my old post. Gearing up to link one more.

Crème de la Craft said...

Love them! Great job Deepa!

Arti said...

Wonderful creation, Deepa! Hand made always gives that sense of personal touch which makes the festive seasons sparkle even brighter with warm feelings and love. Lovely notepad!! :)

magiceye said...

Wonderful post!! So useful!

Rachna said...

Wow! Loved the instructions. It looks great.

Kokila gupta said...

Lovely ! I am craft addict :)

Rajesh said...

Beautiful work of art.

Unknown said...

Neat Notepads. I have wanted to try this idea for a long time but, had forgotten about it. Now, after seeing this again, wanting to make these super cute n recycled notepads. Added my old post in the linky.

Unknown said...

Loved the notepad designs.

https://letsmake1109.blogspot.in/