Friday, June 17, 2016

Poetry, Art and the rest...

This week Kochi saw the second edition of Poetry Installation in the acclaimed Durbar Hall Art Gallery. It had four poets - Tensin Tsundue, CIni Mathew John, Rafeeq Ahmed and Ajessh Dasan - whose poetry were recited along side their amazing installations and with incredible sound effects. It was organized by Vinod Krishna, a movie-maker and writer, and his team.

You can read about it in detail in the article I wrote for The News Minute here. Hope you like it.


PI2-HuesnShades


WhenitrainsinDharamsala-HuesnShades


It's been weeks I have been doing some sketches and a few mixed media works. I am on a personal retreat right now...working out on an idea-painting for an upcoming exhibition(s). This is something I worked from Wyanne's online class as a breather. I must say that her videos are awesome and they always, without fail, inspire me... so here's to Wyanne.


MixedMedia-round-HuesnShades


It's been a pretty good week because I could focus on art alone...whether that be writing, art, music or movies.

I came across an Online Retreat - Woman Unleashed by Amber Kuileimailani Bonnici. It sounds like an awesome program. In case you are interested, you can check out the link here.




So, how was your week, friends?



8 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

your painting is so beautiful Deepa! I signed up for "Woman Unleashed" along with another you might be interested in called "Soul Spa Free Online Summit". I am just catching up with that one. Happy weekend!

Giggles said...

Oh this is a gorgeous unique painting... I love it!

Hugs Giggles

DVArtist said...

I really like this painting. It is different and really catches my eye.

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Poetry and art...interesting!
The painting is lovely. Waiting to see your works

Rajesh said...

Beautiful painting.

Bushra Muzaffar said...

This yin yang painting is nice ideation, Deepa! That's how I have interpreted it :)
Poetry installation must have been interesting...quite a unique idea ya.

Unknown said...

Creative ... Very innovative :)


Read More

Thefinancialfox said...

Thank you for sharingg